Friday, December 15, 2006

back again...

Hey friends,

Just got back from visiting some of the people we help here, sharing God's love with the forgotten people of Burma. I am more amazed everyday, how little people know about the problems here. I even met a man here, who was Thai, and when I told him that I worked in refugee camps, he said "Oh, where is there a refugee camp around here?" Considering that he was born here, and the largest camp is only 45 minutes away, is amazing. It just highlights for me the plight of the Karen, forgotten by the the rest of the world. It was great to visit with some of these that the world has forgotten, and show them that there are some who still care, and are willing to risk their lives to help. Check out a few of the photos below. Also check out this interview with Sylvester Stallone, in which he talks a bit about the Karen and the upcoming Rambo 4. I must say though, he should get his facts straight, (ie, Free Burma Rangers, not Free Burmese Rangers). All in all though, an interesting interview. Check out the new report from FBR too.









No comments: